PR Account Manager
Purple Orange Digital Communications is looking for an experienced PR / Communications Account Manager to join its rapidly expanding agency.
MANAGE NATIONAL PR EFFORTS – Serves as the primary client / media contact for 2-3 national outdoor brands. Maintains professional communications with clients and media partners. Able to stay self-motivated and hyper-organized amid an entirely digital and demanding daily routine. Possesses great writing skills and the ability to translate complex ideas into succinct vernacular.
CLIENT SERVICE AND COMMUNICATION – Consistently provides superior client service, acts as a point of contact, and escalates issues or key risks as appropriate. Works with team to ensure client develops trust in our team by overseeing client outputs and communication are delivered in the Purple Orange way. Develops and nurtures excellent relationships, reflected in very high client satisfaction and retention.
REPORTING AND ANALYSIS – Uses data strategically and nimbly; primarily responsible for performance reporting and makes sure that all data entry is accurate and precise. Performs routine sales projections for client programs and for individual opportunities to support recommendations to clients backed back clear KPI’s.
POSITIVITY & TEAM ORIENTED – Enjoys working alongside a team, either in person or digitally. Navigates daily tasks with empathy of other people’s workloads and personal accountability. Can face down a challenging task with positivity and a creative approach toward problem solving. Demonstrates intellectual curiosity; challenges the status quo, regularly pitches new or out-of-box communication concepts.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with client contacts
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with key media
- Develop and execute strategic PR plans that deliver on client goals and objectives
- Maintain regular client reporting: weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Regularly pitch client stories to media and follow-up on story opportunities
- Develop effective press releases and compelling content for clients
- Create targeted media distribution lists and build new media relationships
- Monitor for client media coverage
- Attend tradeshows, sales meetings and in-person media meetings on behalf of clients
- Keep abreast of each client’s industry, competition and media coverage
- Have a solid understanding of social media networks and marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years of digital marketing, journalism, or agency experience
- Strong writing skills and proven writing experience
- Strong, established active lifestyle media relationships
- Team-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever needed
- Strategic and forward-thinking approach to PR
- Desire to keep learning and advance within the agency
- Creativity and integrity
- A love of the outdoors
- A sense of humor
Why Work With Purple Orange?
Purple Orange is a rapidly growing digital progressive brand communications agency. We believe in breaking down marketing silos and connecting the dots between earned media, affiliate marketing, influencer marketing, and search engine optimization. We’re big enough to have sophisticated clients and digital practices, but small enough that every employee makes a major contribution.
Based in Jackson Hole, WY, we are truly committed to finding work / life balance in everything we do.
How we do business:
Foster Team Connection.
- Preference face-to-face interactions in the office AND through video chat
- Preference verbal communication over written
- Find opportunities to bond / spend time outside of work
- Promote inclusive workplace where there are questions are encouraged
- Focus on mentorship
- Celebrate each other
- Fair compensation
- Flexible work hours
- Recognize that work is not life
Do the Best Work.
- Be thought leaders — explore new ideas, success measurement, and strategies
- Be a person — in our interactions and communications to others
Find Meaning in Our Work.
- Take pride in doing the best job
- Connect our PR to our values
Be a Good Partner.
- Facilitate and celebrate others’ successes
- Be accountable to established timelines and deliverables
- Clear and thoughtful communication
$55K – $75K yr (DOE), Group Health + Dental Insurance, IRA Company Matching, Unlimited PTO, remote work / WFH friendly.
Email resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent information to