PR Account Coordinator (internship / contract-to-hire)
$25 / hr (contract-to-hire)
Jackson Hole, WY + Salt Lake City, UT
Purple Orange is an outdoor + active lifestyle digital communications agency with offices in Jackson Hole, WY and Salt Lake City. This is full time position (M-F 40 /hrs week). Ideal entry-level position for someone wanting to learn PR and digital marketing. Depending on experience, position may start as a contract-to hire, moving to salary employment after 4-months.
The Account Coordinator (AC) serves to support agency Account Managers, helping carry-out strategic communication plans, coordinating with journalists, clients, and helping compile reports. The AC should expect to spend 6+ hours a day cranking away at computer, while also assisting with shipping, office organization, and with agency-sponsored media events.
- Support the Account Manager in daily PR duties and tasks.
- Research and Develop media lists.
- Maintain regular client media reporting.
- Manage product seeding, shipping, order tracking, and returns.
- Assist AM with mail merges and pitch development.
- Capture, photo edit, and archive client media hits / tearsheets.
- Keep abreast of your client’s industry, competition and media coverage.
- Assist with client meeting agenda creation.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong writing skills and proven writing experience.
- Experience managing spreadsheets, databases, or other cloud-based applications.
- Strong digital multi-tasking and systems-based approach toward task management.
- Team-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever needed.
- Creative communications approach.
- Desire to keep learning and advance within the agency.
- Creativity and integrity.
- A love of the outdoors.
- A sense of humor.
Are you looking for a company that offers perks like powder days, lunchtime bike rides and dog friendly work environment? Do you want to live and work in a place with access to world-class skiing, fishing, hiking, paddling and biking? Do you take as much pride in your professional career as how many days a year you ski? If you check these boxes, Purple Orange may be the perfect place for you.
Email resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent information to