Purple Orange Brand Communications is looking for a results-driven Affiliate Manager to assist with agency’s quickly growing affiliate marketing and commerce media management.
LEAD AGENCY AFFILIATE PRACTICE – Trains, coaches, and develops team members by leading the agency’s affiliate marketing and commerce media effort with the goal to successfully execute effective ROI-driven marketing campaigns. Maintains a solid understanding of key contacts across the media, and nurtures strong relationships with affiliate contacts. Serves as a conduit for communications upward and downward, maintains morale with the team and is viewed as a reliable, go-to person. Comfortable with team delegation; clearly setting expectations, clarifying boundaries, and ensuring clear work assignments. Can lead a team through difficult and stressful situations while keeping others motivated.
CLIENT SERVICE AND COMMUNICATION – Consistently provides superior client service, acts as a direct point of contact, and escalates issues or key risks as appropriate. Works with internal teams to foster client trust by delivering client outputs and communication in the Purple Orange way. Develops and nurtures excellent client relationships, reflected in very high client satisfaction and retention rates.
REPORTING AND ANALYSIS – Shows strong ability to strategically review, organize and present data in an intuitive and presentable format. Consistently reviews relevant data to identify trends, analyze campaigns, and provide client insights and recommendations to reach or exceed goals. Uses data strategically and nimbly; all analysis or data shared to clients from the team is consistently accurate, precise, and intuitively organized to present a story. Performs routine sales and performance projections for client programs and identifies opportunities to support recommendations to clients backed by clear KPI’s. Able to coach others across all of these areas as well.
ACCOUNT STRATEGY & EXECUTION – Manages successful client programs by developing effective strategies and tactical plans for achieving client’s goals and objectives. Shows a strong ability to plan over short and long-term periods for account health and program success. Prioritizes tactics to align with the client’s goals and proactively adjusts goals when necessary. Oversees efficiencies across all deliverables to maximize clients’ spend and managed revenue. Consistently demonstrates intellectual curiosity; challenging the status quo, regularly pitching new, or out of box pub development or campaign opportunities.
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT – Manages multiple clients with full performance ownership, with solid organizational skills and the ability to focus on and prioritize tasks based on client objectives. Has full grasp of each clients’ SOW, delivering what is due under terms; maintains ability to identify new opportunities to drive client success while conjunctively identifying possible goal misalignments, getting to the root of an issue, and bringing solutions to resolve.
Some travel is required for client meetings or other internal meetings, conferences, etc.
Internal Knowledge & Technical Understanding
- 1-3 years direct affiliate marketing experience (in-house, agency, network) required.
- Knowledge of Affiliate Networks or SaaS platforms (AvantLink, CJ, Impact, etc.) required.
- Strong familiarity with all relevant data aggregators / providers: Affluent, Google Analytics, Impact, Optimize, CJ, etc.
- Is able to troubleshoot attribution issues and facilitate solutions to deep-linking issues, product feeds, GA attribution, etc.
- Can fluidly interpret Visably / SEV reports to create publisher gap analysis and other partner (PR) opportunities.
- Advanced Excel capabilities and comfortable with formatting, formulas, customizing. reports, etc.
- Nurtures excellent client relationships through clear and concise verbal presentation skills, data visualization and storytelling, and compiling weekly and monthly meeting agendas.
- Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in client meetings and difficult situations.
- Provides prompt and thorough responses to all client requests.
- Masterful understanding of key performance indicators (KPIs), and can explain the meaning to others.
- Practices effective questioning and exhibits a level of executive presence with team.
- Prioritizes competing objectives and self-manages daily tasks in order of urgency and importance.
- Can clearly identify and communicate strategic next steps, due dates and task progress to internal teams and clients.
- Has incredible attention to detail and is capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once.
- Displays accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments.
- Can navigate publisher / affiliate partner communication with confidence, striking the right tone between partnership, advocating in the best interest of our clients, and enforcing program rules.
- Nurtures long-lasting affiliate partnerships through strategic recruitment and negotiation efforts, thoughtful follow-ups, and optimal commission structure.
- Discovers ways to elevate client exposure through commission, paid partnerships, and other incentives.
- Stays abreast of the affiliate landscape to understand various tactics and levers within the program.
- Plans and executes full-funnel affiliate partnership strategy on a monthly and long-lead basis.
- Ability to organize thoughts, emails, and other data in easy-to-reference, intuitive ways.
- Provides excellent oversight of affiliate performance on a regular basis.
Workflow & Internal Team Leadership
- Clearly communicates progress, deadlines and task completion on daily / weekly tasks and goals.
- Shows thorough organizational skills across client deliverables, affiliate media kits, and ongoing tasks.
- Respond in a timely manner to internal requests from colleagues.
- Brings problems to the forefront in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Brings positivity, empathy, and integrity to all internal communication.
- Escalates potential issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Recognizes the importance of being engaged in their work and keeping clients engaged.
- Has strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well, with no room for errors.
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on their own.
- Comfortable collaborating with team members in a remote environment.
- Shows an interest in coaching direct reports with an ability to mentor new employees, set them up for success, and delegate tasks for client and team success.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
$55K – $70K yr (DOE), Group Health + Dental Insurance, IRA Company Matching, Unlimited PTO, remote work / WFH friendly.
How to Apply.
Please send resume + cover letter + any additional portfolio information to email@example.com